Advancing social justice for all
In our shared responsibility to continue to make our workplaces, care sites and communities more equitable, we established our Social Justice Framework in 2020. Our Sponsors, Board, leadership, and 21,000 caregivers are aligned around this multi-year plan with commitments for meaningful change in five priority areas:
- Recognition and Support – ensuring community governance, senior leadership, and other structural elements support our journey.
- Education and Development – fundamentals education for all leadership and physicians.
- Human Resources – formal policy and process review, recruitment and retention, and pipeline programs in health care professions.
- Health Disparities – eliminating gaps in care provision and health outcomes, screening for social justice psychosocial factors, and integrating social determinants of health into electronic health records.
- Community Impact – addressing suppliers and contractors, establishing a community grant program, and increasing government and community advocacy for change.