The Urology department inside Siena Medical, on the campus of St. Catherine Hospital - Garden City, is dedicated to serving the urological needs of the communities in southwest Kansas. We are committed to providing quality urological care in a patient friendly setting.
St. Catherine Hospital - Garden City's Urology Services offers a full complement of urologic services for those individuals needing treatment in either the inpatient or outpatient setting. We use both medical and surgical treatments including minimally invasive procedures and drug therapies in the care of urological patients.
Our team understands many urological conditions accompany discomfort or embarrassment and emphasizes the sensitivity and discretion related to all patient concerns.
Urologic services we offer
- Office procedures
- Bladder scan
- Prostate ultrasound & biopsy
- Urethral dilation & catherization
- Bladder US
- Prostate cancer therapeutic injections
- Prostate cancer B.C.G instillations
- ESWL (Shockwave treatment of kidney stones)
- Removal of kidney & adrenal cancers
- Prostate UroLift procedures
- Testicle removal of cancer
- Adult & pediatric circumcision
- Undescended testicle repair
- Pediatric cystoscopy
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP)
- Suprapubic prostatectomy
- Radical prostatectomy
- Transurethral resection of bladder cancer, bladder biopsy, removal of bladder, kidney & ureter stones
- Suprapubic cystotomy
- Varicocel ligation
- Treatment for cancers of the prostate, kidney, bladder & adrenal
- Prostate biopsy
- Vasectomy reversals
- Hormone replacement therapy
Conditions We Treat
- Male, female & pediatric urology
- Urinary infections
- Urinary stones
- Kidney stones
- Male infertility
- BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Prostate disorders
- Sexual dysfunction
- Male & female incontinence
- Chronic urinary infections
What is a urologist?
A urologist is a physician who has specialized knowledge and skill regarding problems of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. Because of the variety of clinical problems encountered, knowledge of internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, and other specialties is required of the urologist.
Urology is classified as a surgical subspecialty. A urologist with advanced qualifications in surgery may be a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).