Our multidisciplinary team is dedicated to providing the best possible cancer care for every patient. Our team of surgeons, pathologists, diagnostic radiologists and support services work closely to provide comprehensive cancer care.
There are more than 200 different kinds of cancer. We’re here to help counter the one changing your life.
As a Commission on Cancer-accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program, we bring together highly experienced oncology specialists who work as your team, participating in multidisciplinary review of your cancer case to ensure that you get the right treatment at the right time, based on evidence-based practice.
In addition to the expertise of our St. Anthony-based physicians, our multidisciplinary team is dedicated to providing the best possible care for every patient. Our team of surgeons, pathologists, diagnostic radiologists and support services work closely to provide comprehensive treatment to put you on the path to good health.
Being told you or someone you love has cancer marks the start of a difficult, decision-filled journey. We've created the St. Anthony Cancer Center to assist you from day one and throughout the process.
St. Anthony Hospital has revolutionized cancer care in Denver and the Rocky Mountain region with revolutionary cancer treatment technology in the battle against cancer, given its ability to deliver a precise tumor-destroying beam with unprecedented speed and precision in less than two minutes offering individuals with lung, prostate, breast and other cancers new hope and greater comfort.
We also offer other advanced cancer treatments, including radiosurgery for tumors of the brain and neurological system.
St. Anthony Cancer Center offers advanced radiotherapy technology to those seeking the most advanced cancer treatments in Denver or the Rocky Mountain region.
One of the fastest, most precise "radiation blade" cancer treatments available our radiotherapy technology:
- Minimizes collateral damage to good tissue.
- Significantly reduces the number of radiation treatments your patients will need due to the accuracy of each treatment.
- Allows bloodless, noninvasive radiosurgical tumor ablation any place in the body.
- Sweeps around the patient, delivering up to 180 precise doses of radiation, while reducing radiation exposure by 65 percent.
Other specialized services
Other specialized cancer care services at the St. Anthony Cancer Center include:
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) - Radioimmunotherapy with Zevalin
- Professional nursing care and triage
- A certified Nurse Navigator to help patients with medical, emotional, social, spiritual and financial aspects of cancer
- A certified Genetic Counselor to assess hereditary cancer factors
- Pain-management specialists
- Nutritional support with a wide range of expertise and assets
- Lymphedema services
- Integrative Healing services, including therapeutic massage, music therapy, aromatherapy, breathing exercises, relaxation/visualization, humor and spiritual counseling.
- Abundant patient educational options, including the extensive COPE (Cancer Online Patient Education) library.
Supporting you through cancer treatment.
At St. Anthony Cancer Center, we understand the importance of support services throughout the cancer treatment process. Services are available to all patients, providing assistance and counseling to help them and their families cope with health, stress and social issues surrounding cancer.
Cancer Support Services Include:
- Assessment for psychological and social issues to determine treatment needs
- Counseling (individual and family) to help with addiction, anxiety, depression, hostility and family related issues.
- Integrative Healing Programs - offered through the St. Anthony Hospital Mission and Ministry program.
- Stress Management classes designed for patients and their families that includes behavioral health, healing and mindful meditation, health care communication skills and relaxation techniques and biofeedback.
- Smoking Cessation (Individual and Group)
For more information about the support services available to cancer treatment patients, contact the Nurse Navigator.
When patients undergo cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, the emotional impact of physical appearances, especially hair loss, can be overwhelming.
At the St. Anthony Cancer Center we provide the support patients and their families need to make this journey easier. Our nurse navigator can provide practical assistance across several dimensions-medical, emotional, social, financial, spiritual-or connect the patient with someone who can.
One of these services is a new patient boutique, sponsored by the American Cancer Society. The boutique offers wigs, soft caps and care planners all free of charge to our cancer treatment patients. Patients have access to a private fitting room and are able to browse and select items without the need to order or worry about added expenses.